We're looking for a new Label Manager here at Mint Records! Join our team and get to work with some of the coolest bands in Canada!
Mint Records is a Vancouver based independent record label with a rich 30 year history of groundbreaking releases and a dedication to supporting emerging talent from the Canadian music community. Over the years Mint has worked on many successful and award winning albums from artists such as The New Pornographers, The Organ, The Pack a.d., Faith Healer, Wares, Peach Kelli Pop, Kiwi jr., Dumb and more.
The ideal candidate has experience in the music industry, including grant writing and album release campaigns. This position requires a wide-ranging skillset, managing both long-term, big picture ideas as well as an acute attention to detail for daily label business. We're looking for someone with a unique perspective to help the label meet its busy release schedule while thinking creatively for future planning and community engagement.
The label consists of a small and passionate team. In this role you will work collaboratively with the label head and licensing manager and also liaise with third party team members. You will create and oversee marketing campaigns that serve as vehicles to foster discovery, further artists’ careers and expand the label’s reach.
The position is full-time, and will require some out-of-office-hours activity, such as attendance at shows, and travelling to conferences, festivals and showcases when safe to do so. While we are currently working remotely, this position will require a mix of in-office and at home work days.
- Oversee all aspects of record label functions, including A+R, grant writing, marketing, distribution, publicity, radio promotion etc across multiple artists and projects
- Regularly communicate with label staff and third party team members about project status and provide them access to information and resources
- Initiate and lead regular project meetings
- Delegate and prioritize tasks and responsibilities within each specific release campaign
- Keep label social media fresh and engaging, creating and scheduling posts across Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Manage and update company website
- Arrange label showcases at festivals across Canada as well as Vancouver based shows and events
- Maintain and foster relationships with new and emerging artists and management teams to provide an active label presence
- Manage and oversee project budgets, label copy, sales goals, digital assets, videos, production deadlines, campaign timelines, etc.
- Coordinate and hire PR, radio, and other third party teams
- Liaise with physical and digital distributors
- Oversee all company metadata, including generating catalog numbers, UPCs, ISRCs
- Coordinate audio mastering and QC all final audio
- Organized, passionate and positive-minded, with the ability to supervise projects and their timelines from start to finish.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, artists, cross-functional teams and third parties
- An understanding of the music industry, as well as a genuine interest in both the industry and the independent music landscape
- A familiarity with Mint’s roster and back catalog.
$42,000 - $50,000 per year based on experience
How to Apply:
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Deadline for application: Aug 10, 2021
Mint Records is actively dedicated to building community, learning, listening, and acting to dismantle harmful structures in the music industry. We are committed to diversity, and we hope to receive applications from candidates with a broad range of backgrounds including but not limited to: race, ethnicity, Indigeneity, gender, gender-identification, sexual orientation, class and physical ability.
Mint Records would like to acknowledge that we live and work on the unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm, Skwxwú7mesh, and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh Nations.